debtdeath: a portrait of my fursona, an australian magpie (Default)
[personal profile] debtdeath

Right, let's get into this.

I've hit a bit of a lull in my uh, fandom activities, lately. Haven't been as active, mostly because of life stuff and being a generally busy person, although there are contributing factors such as my increasing frustration with social media platforms (hence my branching out into attempting to write longer blog posts again in parallel to the micro-blogging of it all).

This said I'm feeling full of creative energy again now! And I wanna talk about the projects I'm rotating in my big ol' noggin'! I have a tendency to juggle many projects at once, and sometimes it's quite hard to keep track of... so hopefully actually writing this stuff down in organised lists will be helpful.

My "ongoing projects" fit into roughly two categories: active and dormant. I function exactly like a volcano.


Active projects

This is the stuff I'm literally currently working on right now, the stuff most likely to be completed soon.

  • Customisable template for hosting your fanfiction on your own website.
    I need to come up with a nice name for this... but I'm definitely doing progress with this. Generally speaking I want folks to use this however they want which means flexibility which means accounting for different ways of using... I shall talk in more detail about this in another post.
  • My own website.
    Currently it's just a "under construction" landing page that links to my socials... but now that I've got the webdev bug worming around in my head I need it to be Constructed! Now! I want it to have a manifesto, a gallery for my art and sketches, shrine pages for my fav media 'n' ships, my fics all in one place AND fic recs, resources to encourage more people to make their own websites...
  • A new SniperScout one-off fic...
    Ah shit, here we go again. I can't speak in too much detail about this one in this post because it would of course be a smut fic lol... but I think I'm about ready to get back into writing about men obsessing over men and being so normal about it.

This is kind of it for the currently-working-on pile because 1. I've got a lot of other non-hobby/fandom stuff going on right now and 2. this is plenty already!

You'll also note there's no drawing in sight here. That's because I don't have the time when I'm busy writing code and stories. I'm sure I'll sketch stuff anyway... it's just not on my radar at this very moment.


Dormant Projects

These are the ones that are very dear to me but I'm letting them simmer in my head for a little bit because I care about them a lot and I want them to be great. OR these are simply things I want to do that I will eventually get to do, just not right now.

  • ScoutSniper "post-canon" longfic
    my beloved... my Holy Grail... note to self make a post about this on here because the ideas for this one are so big-brained and fun and dear to me. I hold this one quite close to my chest and have only talked about it to friends, but honestly at this point if someone "copies" this general premise I don't know if I'd care. Lol.
  • Comic/fic about Scout finding out Spy is his father and he's real upset about it.
    Self-explanatory. I'm not that into the fluffy domestic dadspy stuff tbh. I know and understand why people latch onto it! Personally I like the more nuanced portrayals, Spy and his guilt, Scout and his anger, the potential for reconciliation but only if both can be mature enough to really face each other honestly. I have previously tweeted about this: (1,2)
  • Scout mob backstory fic.
    I have previously posted headcanons (1,2,3) imagining a backstory for Scout where him/his family has been involved with the Irish Mob, which somehow directly leads to him signing up with Mann Co. My absolute sicko idea is writing this in the style of a screenplay, but that's Very High Level and might be annoying for readers lol so I'll settle for writing in a pseudo-neo-noir style.
  • Majima and grief, character study.
    I have a lot of thoughts about his relationship with Shimano, and eventually I will write about this. I still haven't decided if I actually want to write RGG fics in English (dilemma of being bilingual with Japanese but my literary writing skills not being nearly as good as when I write in English), but character studies fall in this meta category where I wouldn't mind I think.
  • Get around to finishing and posting some of my favourite sketches and drawings, including this series of drawings of Scout's Ma I started AGES AGO, but also other stuff. I've got a pile of Daigo drawings I've never posted outside of priv Twitter. I've got a lot of drawings I never posted publicly and they need to be let out eventually.

I'm so excited about all these, and excited to share more about them. Also feels like this slow-going posting style fits my current pace a lot.

Ongoing projects? Ohoho...

Date: 2023-06-22 08:12 pm (UTC)
pbwritesstuff: A red pomegranate (Default)
From: [personal profile] pbwritesstuff
I'm very excited for that oneshot. I adore smut with those two dorks (I say as I glance nervously at my AO3 portfolio which currently has more MediScout than SniperScout). It's also interesting to see someone else who headcanons Scout as a Boston Irish kid (though really, a lot more people should!) It plays a big part in my characterization of him. I assume you're fine with replies since you left them on, but lmk if I'm being obnoxious.

I'm so disillusioned with fandom being on social media right now. So much harassment, such lack of staying power, the chance of it all disappearing overnight when the site decides to be more advertiser friendly... (Yes, I lost mutuals in the latest tumblr purge. Yes, I'm still bitter about Strikethrough too.)

YAAAY CC!!!!!

Date: 2023-06-24 06:01 am (UTC)
mickmundy: by atomicpitou (Default)
From: [personal profile] mickmundy
Aah, I'm so happy you're here! This is all really exciting stuff! I'm happy I've been able to be in the know about so much of this, I'm really eager to see how it all turns out! ^_^ Being on here is already like a breath of fresh air, I'm hoping that this space brings peace, fun and intellectual discussion minus the static noise of social media! I'm SO stoked to hear you elaborate more on your mob Scout and postcanon SniperScout series', they're my two favorite concepts of yours and I love what I know about them so far! ^v^

Oh my gosh, I am Unbound by the way longer character limit here... it feels so freeing to not have to reply to you in 500 mini tweets LOL. Always feel awful for bombing your notifs LOL!

Re: YAAAY CC!!!!!

Date: 2023-06-25 04:34 am (UTC)
mickmundy: by atomicpitou (Default)
From: [personal profile] mickmundy
OMG that makes me so happy, sincerely!! I'm just glad to have you here, I maybe eventually want to start linking my blog to the public, but for now, I'm more than happy with it only being viewed with limited sets of eyes! :-)

As for headcanons, I am waiting on baited breath! You've inspired me to repost/add onto my Sniper headcanons on here (even though I have a Whole Ass bushmed blog to also do so on LOL); I'd love to exchange thoughts about the mercs with you on here any time, I obviously enjoy fleshing out my ideas on their characters so it would be so fun to do so with a friend! :-) And oh my god YESSSSS fandom discussion... with the added luxury of nobody "reading over your shoulder" and willfully misinterpreting my words!

Completely agree with the different vibes of this site, it feels very nice to talk "Deeply" into the void in a way that doesn't seem overwhelming to read (hopefully!), but that encourages engagement but doesn't make it feel like an obligation. It helps that it's making me dust off my (admittedly very limited) coding knowledge too! Always enjoy exercising that part of my brain, and most social media sites hardly allow for it anymore. :(

ANYWAY just really happy to be figuring all this out with you! Super exciting and I can't wait to see what you do! :D

Profile

debtdeath: a portrait of my fursona, an australian magpie (Default)
debtdeath

February 2025

M T W T F S S
     12
3456 789
10111213141516
17181920212223
2425262728  

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 11th, 2026 12:34 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios